Monday, May 16, 2011

A Strange Dream

I don't know much about dream interpretation; in fact, I don't know anything about it. So, today, I decided to write about a recurring dream that I've been having over the years. I don't have this dream very often - maybe once a month at the most. The small details of the dream, such as the clothes that I'm wearing, the weather, etc., vary each time. The main story, however, remains the same. If anyone has any idea as to what this dream could mean, I'd love to hear it. Here it is...

The dream begins with me running through a large park. The park is very long, with many trees, picnic areas, and a moderate size river running through the middle of it. I'm running for my life, sweating, breathing hard, with my heart pounding so strongly that it's ready to jump through my chest.

I'm being chased by two men in black suits, with dark sunglasses. They are running after me with ease, and with absolutely no emotion on their faces. They are silent, dark, and deadly. They chase me though grassy fields, through children's playgrounds, jumping over fences, zig zagging around trees. Although they are both my size, something tells me that if I stopped to confront them, I'd pay for it with my life. It's clear to me that these men have only one goal - to catch me and kill me. So, I'm running like a bat out of hell - running for my life.

After an extensive chase through the park, I notice a large row boat down in the river, with an operator, and a small group of passengers that are going to take a river tour. At that moment, I realize that my only chance to survive is to run down to the river and escape on that boat. So, with my last bit of energy, I sprint to the boat. I'm almost there, and at that point, I think to myself that I'm safe. But, at this point in the dream, there is a strange turn of events.

Right when I'm about to climb onto the boat, the operator turns around and looks at me. He is a small man, with dark aviator sunglasses and a big, black mustache.

He turns around, looks at me, and says "sorry sir, no more popcorn."

At this point, the dream ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment